Tuesday, March 4, 2008

To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal...Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle...

So I was listening to some old albums that I liked in high school and start to feel a little nostalgic... These memories of mine led me on a quest to discover my favorite albums of all time. So I began... but I quickly realized my list was too long. There are just too many to pick from. So instead of making a list of all of them I decided to make a list of my favorite albums for any given year.

I made a rule that I had to have listened to the album in that year. For example, I really liked DJ Shadows- Entroducing which was released in 1996 however, I can't add it to my list because I didn't discover it until 1999. So it is out of the picture.

The list goes all the way back to 1990 when I got my first cassette tape for my birthday.




2007 Radiohead- In Rainbows

200px-In_Rainbows_Official_Cover

2006 Sigur Ros - Takk

200px-Takk

2005 Death Cab for Cutie - Plans

200px-Death_Cab_For_Cutie_-_Plans

2004 Snow Patrol- Final Straw

200px-Snow-Patrol-Final-Straw-albumcover

2003 Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlantsism

200px-Transatlanticism

2002 Jurassic 5 - Power in Numbers

200px-Power_in_Numbers

2001 Didn’t listen to music this year but I would pick Pinback - Blue Screen Life

200px-Bluescreenlife

2000 Common - Like water for chocolate

200px-LikeWaterforChocolate

1999 The Roots - Things Fall Apart

Things_Fall_Apart_41172

1998 Sonic Youth - A Thousand Leaves

200px-SonicYouthAThousandLeavesalbumcover

1997 Radiohead - Ok Computer

200px-Radiohead.okcomputer.albumart

1996 Sublime- Sublime

Sublime_Self-Titled

1995 Presidents Of The U.S.A. - Presidents Of The U.S.A

200px-The_Presidents_of_the_United_States_of_America-The_Presidents_of_the_United_States_of_America

1994 Green Day- Dookie

200px-GreenDayDookie

1993 Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream

200px-SmashingPumpkins-SiameseDream

1992 Arrested Development - 3 Years, 5 Months and 2 Days in the life of...

ArrestedDevelopment3Years,5Months&2DaysintheLifeOf...

1991 Nirvana - Nevermind

200px-NirvanaNevermindalbumcover

1990 Vanilla Ice - To The Extreme

200px-Vanilla_Ice-To_the_Extreme_(album_cover)

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

Cool list! I dont think I could even think that far back. Bravo. Thank you "Mr. Windle."

Margaret.... said...

a. you have a blog?
b. you have a mustache?
c. when can we start our dance crew?

Bonnie said...

Good job with your blog. I knew it would be well done.

AJ said...

Jakes would be so ridiculously similar it scares me.